Harrisonburg Truck Accident Lawyers
Serving Clients throughout Virginia
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has reported that over 100 truck-related fatalities occur each year in the state of Virginia. Accidents involving large semi-trucks are often more complicated than those involving cars due to the amount of damage that can be caused. Because of their size and weight, trucks and tractor-trailers are difficult to maneuver and can easily cause serious accidents.
Additionally, there may be separate insurance companies involved for the truck, the driver, and the cargo separately. This can often make resolving a truck accident claim a time-consuming and frustrating ordeal, especially without a qualified attorney.
If a negligent truck driver hit you or someone you love, causing injury or death, you have the right to seek financial compensation from the responsible party. Backed by a wide range of awards and professional accolades for our exceptional advocacy, Obenshain Law Group has recovered millions for accident victims and is ready to help you.
Causes of Truck Accidents
If you have been involved in a truck accident, you need to obtain legal representation immediately. The separate insurers can delay the legal process, while any injuries you may have suffered need medical attention. These medical bills can quickly stack up; meanwhile, you may be missing out on work, leaving you without any income. At Obenshain Law Group, we represent truck accident victims no matter how complex the circumstances may be.
Trucking accidents are typically caused by one of the following:
- Driver error: This can include driver fatigue, inattention, distraction (texting, etc.), or driving while intoxicated
- Truck equipment failure: This can include design flaws, manufacturing errors, or mechanical issues with the truck
- Weather conditions: Bad weather can increase the likelihood of an accident. Trucks cannot stop as quickly on slick or icy surfaces – so if it is has been raining or snowing, there may be a greater chance for a collision
- Improper loading: If a truck's cargo has been loaded incorrectly, it can cause them to roll over with greater ease
- Sub-standard truck drivers/companies: Some drivers or trucks may not be driving or acting in accordance with FMCSA regulations
- Failure to maintain the truck: If the trucking company does not perform required maintenance on the vehicle, it could be a safety risk and lead to a serious accident
- Lack of driver training: Under-qualified or untrained drivers may be unable to drive their vehicle and cause an accident
- Speeding: By driving too fast, a truck driver puts himself and everyone else on the road in danger
At Obenshain Law Group, we have nearly 40 years of combined experience handling personal injury cases. We have all the necessary experience to take on insurance companies that may be trying to deny liability in a truck accident. Let us help you pursue compensation for your injuries.
Liability in Truck Accidents
Truck accident claims can be difficult to pursue because it can be challenging to determine exactly who was at fault and which party should be held liable for paying damages.
Labile parties may include the:
- Truck driver
- Trucking company
- Truck manufacturer
- Management company
- Other negligent drivers
If you were involved in an accident in Virginia, our Harrisonburg truck accident lawyers can help you establish a case for negligence against the responsible party. Like any personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit, truck accident cases are based on the ideas of liability and negligence.
Contact Obenshain Law Group Today
If we take on your case, you will have the opportunity to work with highly skilled personal injury lawyers. We are proud to put our experience to work for those who have been wrongfully injured by others’ negligence.
We have the know-how to maximize the value of your case and offer strategies designed to combat insurance adjusters’ and corporations’ tactics. Work with Obenshain Law Group to get the legal experience you need to recover the full and fair compensation you are owed.
Give us a call at (540) 318-7360 today to get started with a free consultation.
“The most competent business law attorneys in Virginia”- Steve Chahal
“They are simply the best!”- Debra C.
“I'm truly grateful for my case being in such great hands, as I would further trust no one other than Mark for any further legal ...”- Heather Hoover