HARRISONBURG PERSONAL INJURY AND WILL CONTEST ATTORNEY
Mark Obenshain is an accomplished trial lawyer with more than 35 years of experience handling a wide range of civil disputes in a practice that now focuses exclusively on helping individuals and families.
He has collected tens of millions of dollars through jury verdicts and settlements for severely injured clients and their families in complex personal injury, wrongful death and malpractice claims. He also has successfully reclaimed estates in will contests for families after they have learned that a loved one has been exploited late in life.
Mark has been a tireless and effective advocate for his clients. As a lawyer, Mark has done it all. Early in his career, he successfully tried more than 100 jury cases in state and federal courts as an insurance defense lawyer and commercial litigator against some of the largest corporations in the world. Now he works exclusively for individuals and families who have been wronged or injured by others. He focuses his practice now on serious injury and wrongful death cases arising from the negligence of motorists, nursing homes and health care providers. He also handles will contests and probate litigation, protecting families from financial exploitation. For his efforts over the past 35 years, he has been recognized by his peers as a top trial lawyer in Virginia.
In addition to his full time and active law practice, Mark is a senior member of the Virginia State Senate where he has served since his election 2003. In the Senate he has served as Chair of the Courts of Justice Committee. He also serves on the Commerce and Labor, the Agriculture Conservation and Natural Resources and the Transportation Committees.
Obenshain Law Group is available 24/7. Request your free case review today.
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell®
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® (Copyright by Woodward/White, Inc., of Aiken, SC)
- Selected to "Legal Elite," Civil Litigation, Virginia Business
- Selected to "Virginia Super Lawyers," Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters
- Virginia State Bar
- Harrisonburg-Rockingham Bar Association
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Fourth Circuit Judicial Conference (permanent member)
- Boyd-Graves Conference (2003- Present)