Justin Wolcott has over a decade of experience handling a wide range of criminal and civil disputes. He now focuses his practice exclusively on helping individuals and families.
Mr. Wolcott grew up in rural New Kent County, Virginia, and received his undergraduate degree from James Madison University. After graduating from JMU he attended the University of South Carolina School of Law, graduating with honors and serving on the Law Review.
Upon graduation from law school, Mr. Wolcott returned to the Shenandoah Valley where he began his legal career as a criminal prosecutor, gaining extensive trial experience, trying cases to both bench and jury verdicts.
Since joining Obenshain Law Group Mr. Wolcott has represented plaintiffs in a wide variety of disputes including commercial disputes against some of the largest corporations and law firms in the world. Mr. Wolcott now leverages his experience to represent individuals and families in serious injury and wrongful death cases arising from the negligence of motorists, nursing homes and health care providers. Mr. Wolcott has recovered millions of dollars from these defendants and their insurance carriers for individuals and their families.
Mr. Wolcott also has a significant record of success in handling probate litigation, including will contests and trust disputes. He has successfully reclaimed millions of dollars, property, and real estate for families whose loved one was exploited late in life.
- James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA, B.A. Political Science, Minors in Political Communication and Philosophy and Religion, December 2007
- University of South Carolina School of Law, Columbia, SC, J.D., cum laude, 2011
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Harrisonburg/Rockingham Bar Association
- James Madison University Law Alumni Board, Fundraising Chair
- Rockingham County Rotary Club, Past President, Former Board Member, Paul Harris Fellow
- Generations Crossing Child and Adult Daycare, Board Member